Bristol Garden Club 2021 Daffodil Photography Contest
Calling all amateur photographers! The Bristol Garden Club invites you to participate in its 2021 Daffodil Photography contest. The contest is open to all Bristol and Warren residents. Submit your unmounted 8” x 10” prints, in color, black & white, or sepia, at Rogers Free Library by closing on Saturday, May 1, 2021. Prize ribbons will be given to the Best of Show winner, as well as first, second, and third place winners in each category. The categories are Residential Displays, Public Displays, and Commercial Displays. Winning photographs will be displayed at the Rogers Free Library from early June through August. The Bristol Garden Club planted beautiful daffodil bulbs throughout the Town as part of their Town Beautification mission. Your beautiful photos could be a part of “extending the bloom” for everyone to enjoy through the summer when they visit the library. Ground rules are listed below and are available on our Facebook page. For additional information about the Daffodil Photography contest, or to get involved with the Garden Club, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ground Rules for the Bristol Garden Club 2021 Daffodil Photography Contest
- The contest is open to all Bristol & Warren residents and members of the Bristol Garden Club, with the exception of professional photographers and members of the Contest Committee.
- Each entry must be an unmounted 8” x 10” print.
- Each entry must have your name, address, telephone number, title, and category on an index card or entry label taped to the back of the photo. Also add as much information as possible regarding how the photo was created (Camera, lens or software used).
- Entries must be taken either conventionally or digitally, and printed on photo paper.
- Photographs may be black & white, sepia or color.
- Each contestant may enter a maximum of 5 photographs in each of the categories.
- Entries must be dropped off at Rogers Free Library by closing, Saturday, May 1, 2021.
- The contest will be judged by a Contest Committee of members from the community and the Bristol Garden Club.
- At the discretion of the judges, an entry may be moved to an alternate category.
- Winners will be notified by telephone no later than Saturday, May 15, 2021.
- Ribbons will be awarded for First, Second, and Third place in each category. One Best of Show ribbon will also be awarded.
- The winning photographs will be displayed at Rogers Free Library from early May through early June 2021. Selected non-winning entries may also be displayed.
- Winning entries will become the property of the Bristol Garden Club.
- Non-winning entries may be picked up at Rogers Free Library when all displays have been dismantled. Please contact the Bristol Garden Club at email@example.com with any questions.